9 ToT trainees (gender ratio: 5 female and 4 male) will gain advanced technical knowledge and skills to co-create and sustain IDeAMapSudan. The trainees will become experts on Geo-information and Earth Observation. The main training outcomes are that ToT trainees will:
- Apply their acquired hands-on knowledge and experience to the setting-up of a spatial information system database using free and open-source software for urban remote sensing and earth observation (EO);
- Integrate the knowledge gained from the training on the use of EO-based data on deprived areas with other spatial and non-spatial policy and urban development relevant data;
- Co-design IdeAMapSudan, which will be a user-friendly app to collect and access spatial data;
- Conduct community-based mapping of deprived areas and train different stakeholder groups (including communities) to use the fully operational system (IdeAMapSudan);
- Guide the local implementation (including testing and adjustment) of IdeAMapSudan and the dissemination to relevant stakeholders and communities.
- Sustain and update the fully operational system (IdeAMapSudan);